Young Children’s Assistant
Promote the interests of young children, infant through preschool (age 5), with the aim of bringing them to faith in Jesus Christ and/or furthering growth as believers. The primary responsibility is ensuring safe and consistent Young Children’s Wing (nursery/preschool) offerings on Sunday mornings. Specific tasks include scheduling a team of volunteer leaders and paid childcare workers, working alongside the Children’s Ministry Director and the Family Ministry team, and supporting other documents, processes, and structures as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve on Sunday mornings in the Young Children’s Wing, welcome and greet parents during check-in, and manage check-in processes.
- Monitor the young children’s wing on Sundays, follow up with parents if needed, and make sure safety procedures are followed.
- Maintain and assist with excellent check-in and other child safety procedures (i.e. assist with safety administration) in partnership with the Director of Children’s Ministry and Clergy Associate for Family Ministry.
- Schedule, remind, and offer day-of support to youth, greeters, paid sitters, and other adult leaders in the Young Children’s Wing to ensure a secure and loving environment.
- Monitor attendance and update the church database.
- Liaise with our babysitting service to arrange childcare for Sunday mornings and special services.
- Serve in the Young Children’s Wing as a teacher and leader as needed.
- Plan curriculum for ages 0-1, 2-3, and 4-5 for Sundays and any other programming in conjunction with the Director of Children’s Ministry.
- Plan and manage the Young Children’s Wing Instagram page in partnership with the Director of Communications.
- Facilitate cleaning and tidying of classrooms, toys, etc. after church services.
- Procure and restock all needed supplies for the young children’s wing such as craft material and snacks.
- Participate in family ministry meetings, training, and other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must have an active and personal relationship with Jesus and must be willing to participate fully in the ministry of Holy Trinity Anglican Church.
- Must be willing to work at least two Sunday mornings a month.
- Must have ability to sit on the floor, squat, bend, reach and stand in order to care for babies, toddlers, and children.
- Must meet Holy Trinity’s child safety, child protection requirements which includes a satisfactory background check.
- Must be detail and task-oriented and able to manage numerous activities concurrently.
- Must be a team player who is also a flexible problem solver, willing to jump into a variety of situations as needed.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, warm, enthusiastic and have a passion for children and their families.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Prefer one or more years of experience caring for infants, toddlers, and/or preschoolers.
- Prefer a college degree.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Caleb Burr at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Young Children’s Assistance.