We pray because Jesus prayed and he taught his disciples to pray. Prayer is a form of intimacy with God which offers us an opportunity to hear him, to praise and thank him, and bring our deepest needs and desires before him. In prayer we encounter the living Spirit of God who speaks to us and works to heal us and shape us into the likeness of Christ.
How to Pray
For helpful suggestions about prayer, download our prayer booklet, Devoted to Prayer.
Join Others in Prayer
- All Parish Prayer: Every Monday, 5-6pm in the Tower Chapel (2nd floor lobby).
- Neighborhood Gospel Prayer Walk: Meet in the Courtyard at 9am to begin the walk, 9-10am, first Saturday of the month (except July).
- Community Groups: In addition to study and fellowship, members of our Community Groups pray for one another. Learn more about joining a Community Group.
- Sundays: our trained intercessors are available in our Prayer Corner to pray with anyone during Communion and at the conclusion of our Sunday worship services. You can trust our team members to pray faithfully according to Scripture and to keep your prayer requests confidential.
- A Night of Praise and Healing Prayer: learn more. In addition, read a few testimonies of healing prayer and be encouraged.
Prayer Ministries Contact
Rev. Claudia Greggs, Clergy Associate for Christian Formation
(919) 833-4202, ext. 227, firstname.lastname@example.org