GET TO KNOW US
We’re so glad you are interested in learning more about Holy Trinity! As you get to know us, here are some next steps you might consider:
- Complete a Welcome Card: Please take a moment to fill out a Welcome Card found in the chair rack and drop it in the offering plate or at the Welcome Desk in the main lobby. Or simply complete it online. This helps us get to know you and answer any questions you have.
- Meet Clergy in the Lobby: Please introduce yourself to a member of our clergy right before or after the service. We look forward to meeting you.
- Attend the Discover Holy Trinity Anglican Class: Join us for this six-week Foundations class on what’s at the heart of the Christian faith and our community. It’s offered multiple times during the year and is required for those wanting to become members.
- Visit a Community Group: Community groups are where life is experienced together. You’ll meet in a member’s home — maybe 12-20 people — where you can grow in your relationship with God, build meaningful relationships with others and be on mission together. Learn more.
WHY MEMBERSHIP MATTERS
Membership matters because it helps communicate to other followers of Christ and the world that your faith in Christ has changed everything for you — your relationship with God, with other followers of Christ and the world in which you live. Life is no longer just about you and what you believe, but about being loved by God, being part of God’s beloved people and bearing witness to God’s love. That’s why we take membership at Holy Trinity Anglican very seriously. It’s not just joining a club or institution, it’s sharing life and mission in light of who you are in Christ!
At Holy Trinity Anglican, we describe this life together using three verbs: Proclaim. Exalt. Serve. We humbly proclaim or share the good news of what Jesus has done for us. We exalt or worship God in response to what he has done for us in Christ. And we serve or show the love of Christ in the way we live, by caring for our neighbors and for the poor and hurting in our city.
We are not perfect people. The church is not the place where we pretend to have it all together. It’s the place where we can be completely honest about just how imperfect we are. The church is God’s gift to a sinful, broken people who long to live in light of the grace and truth of Jesus.
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?
There is a five-step process to becoming a member at Holy Trinity Anglican.
- Complete a Welcome Card. The card introduces you to us and tells us a bit about you, your family and your interests at Holy Trinity Anglican. It also gives us the opportunity to follow up with you and provide information on the things important to you.
- Attend the Discover Holy Trinity Anglican Course. This six-week course is offered during Foundations in the Fall and Spring. Here you will learn how our church was founded, where we see ourselves in God’s larger story, our mission and vision and what membership looks like at Holy Trinity Anglican and in the worldwide Anglican Communion. Most importantly, we’ll get to hear your story. You’ll enjoy a welcome lunch where you’ll meet staff and clergy, as well as members of the vestry and key lay leaders.
- Submit an Application. During the course of the membership class, we invite you to complete an application for membership that gives us more information about you and gives you the opportunity to affirm your commitment to Jesus and to the mission of Holy Trinity Anglican.
- Meet with a Member of the Clergy. Next, you’ll meet with a member of the clergy. This gives us a chance to get to know each other better, welcome you to the church and help you think through ways to get better connected.
- Vestry Affirmation. Based on the recommendations of the clergy, the vestry (church leadership council) votes to officially affirm and welcome new members.
Upon completing these steps, new members are officially and enthusiastically welcomed as new members of Holy Trinity Anglican on New Member Sunday. In addition, we welcome and give thanks for new members each year at the spring picnic. If you have questions about the membership process, please email Kendra Dillingham.