Senior Parish Life Administrator
The Senior Parish Life Administrator is responsible for the administrative support of functions related to worship, clergy-led programming and certain aspects of parish life. Through the use of good communication skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently, this position serves as the glue that keeps the church running smoothly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Parish Support:
- Serve as an integral member of the administrative team with special emphasis on coordination of clergy-initiated programming.
- Maintain the church calendar in conjunction with the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Maintain the integrity of the church database. Update the attendee and member database records as needed or requested.
- Maintain official church membership records (biannually).
- Ensure the printer is in good working order and arrange for repairs as needed.
- Manage special printing jobs such as bulletin inserts and special program bulletins.
- Order all printer supplies.
- Collect checks and cash after the worship service; Deposit all checks and cash at the bank (weekly).
- Serve as the first point of contact for visitors and guests of the Rector, clergy, and church during office hours.
- Respond to all e-mails and calls from parishioners on a timely basis.
- Rector and Clergy Support: This position supports and coordinates clergy-initiated
programming with the assistance of the administrative team. The specific tasks related to
this effort include support of the Rector, Clergy Associate for Community Life, Clergy
Associate for Christian Formation and Clergy Associate for Family Ministry.
- Worship Support:
- Prepare Sunday bulletins and bulletins for special services with assistance from the clergy and Director of Music. Ensure accuracy of the Prayers of the People list as well as a marked-up bulletin to assist the sound technician on duty. This weekly task takes 4-5 hours per week.
- Assign lay readers for Scripture reading and Prayers of the People.
- Distribute weekly service participants list.
- Serve as the liaison for the flower guild and altar guild.
- Order poinsettias, lilies, palms, and ashes and arrange to have them delivered and set up. Determine a sales price with the assistance of the Director of Finance and Administration, maintain a list of donors of the plants and prepare a bulletin with the donor information. This occurs two times per year.
- Make nametags for attendees, members, greeters, and vestry.
- Maintain volunteer records and lists of members involved with different ministries.
- Prepare all materials for ordinations (documents, gifts).
- Coordinate funerals with the assistance of the administrative team and serve as a church liaison for the family of the deceased if needed.
- Assist clergy and the administration with funeral and wedding planning.
- Vestry Support:
- Provide the new member report to the vestry clerk twice a year.
- Maintain vestry and member records related to vestry elections (once a year).
- Assist the Junior Warden with administrative support related to vestry elections (once a year).
- Diocesan Liaison:
- Complete annual diocesan and ACNA reports (a 5-hour task once a year).
- Make travel arrangements for clergy and lay representatives for the annual conference (once a year).
- Help coordinate any diocesan conference held at Holy Trinity Anglican Church.
- Enthusiastic follower of Jesus who is committed to the mission and vision of Holy Trinity Anglican Church
- Ability to complete tasks efficiently while maintaining an attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to thrive in an active workplace in which priorities can change quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to interact hospitably and positively with members of the parish and staff
- Membership at Holy Trinity Anglican church is preferred
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Anne Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Senior Parish Life Administrator.