For anyone aged 60 and over, retirement from actively following Jesus is not an option. We still have more learning and growing to do as his disciples, especially as we grow older. We also have a responsibility to share with those who are younger than us what we’ve learned so far about living a faithful life and to serve our surrounding community using the skills we’ve acquired professionally and personally over the previous decades.
Join us as we discover anew the richness of God’s blueprint for us in this season of life. Our speakers bring an abundant wealth of experience and knowledge to help us understand how to embrace God’s charge to continue growing as disciples of Christ and to step into the plans he has for us with joy, hope and courage.
Date & Time: November 12 from 9am-12:30pm
Location: Holy Trinity Anglican Church, 100 E. Peace Street, Raleigh 27604
What’s in Store
- Biblical perspectives on aging faithfully, the importance of giving back to our congregation and community, and practical ways to care for one another
- Tools for navigating the years ahead
- Interactive sessions with our speakers
- A light lunch for a time of fellowship and reflection on what we have heard
- Welcome by The Rev. Claudia Greggs
- Keynote Address by The Rt. Rev. Terrell Glenn
- Julia Sprunt Grumbles
- Dr. Janet Savia
- Q&A and Panel Discussion with Terrell, Julia and Janet, Claudia to moderate
- Closing Remarks
- Lunch and Fellowship